Thursday, June 4, 2009

Process


This is a piece i did a while ago that I wanted to post becuase of all the work i've done i feel like most of it is heading in this direction in terms of style. This has a strong influence of German Expressionism, which I love and its a bit cubistic too. The colors, which i didn't realize when I did are very classic horror movie-esque. The decks I am working on are going to be in the classic yellow, red, and green horror colors and probably some other colors too. I am looking to go in the direction of "suggestive" in tone or mood. I think its more successful when there is less effort to push an idea in someone's face. Its really a western approach to be in your face in my opinion. and as a westerner, I'm getting pretty tired of see that same old shit.
We should be elevating our culture and our concepts not conforming to them as commodities.

No comments: